Over my past few blogs I have been writing about alternatives for Easter gifts. I have been sent a fantastic product that not only fulfills my requirements for this but also adds to my equipment to use for creativity. The Polaroid Play 3D pen.
Even the packaging enhances your excitement. On opening the box you find
The pen, its stand, the USB lead (you can use from the mains but you need an adaptor), the quick use guide and 4 colours of filament. It is suitable for children 14 and above and ideal for an adult.
I read the start up guide and put the lead into the pen. I stood the pen in the stand and turned it on.
With the red light showing on the Polaroid Play 3d pen, I put together the item I was going to draw.
When the blue light shone I fed the filament in as instructed. I cannot show you my first attempt as it was supposed to be spiderman but turned out looking more like a spider web. There is an app you can use but for my second attempt I used my light box and chose a simple flower design.
I used the pen on a piece of tracing paper and as I got more used to using it my flower design became more elaborate. I was actually really pleased with my first real attempt (wont count the mishap with Spiderman).
This is what I created.
This is my flower peeled off the paper and you can see how fine you can get the details. You could definitely get very intricate with your designs and creations. Not bad for a first go. I will definitely be creating new things with this pen.
Key features of the Polaroid Play 3D pen:
- Create your fun by building your own freehand 3D models. With some practice you could create a lot of things. You literally use it just like a pen.
- Use the unique Polaroid Play Trace App to stencil your own photographs and then bring them to life in 3D
- Alternatively trace existing or imported templates and then assemble the parts together to create a 3D model
- Uses environmentally friendly plastic filament material
- Select manual or automatic extrusion
- Features multiple print speed settings for more greater flexibility in model creation
- Includes auto-retraction whilst not in use to prevent filament blockages
- Features auto-turn off for added safety
The Polaroid Play 3D pen is something that I would 100% recommend.
You can purchase the Polaroid Play 3D pen via the following link R.R.P. £29.99
You can also buy additional reels of filament which come in 20 colours including flourescent.
I received this product to review and all opinions are 100% my own.