Father’s Day. A day where you can spoil your Dad with special gifts to show your love for him. My Dad is 83 so I find it really hard to find something he does not have for his gift. I find gift guides are so helpful so these are some of the ideas I have been sent to review.
Does your Dad go camping or love festivals?
A lot of Dad’s enjoy camping holidays, caravan holidays or going to music festivals. The most annoying thing about camping or going to festivals has got to be your phone running out of energy and no where to charge it. How about a super slim power bank.
Varta have the perfect one. This powerbank loads via a USB and will be full charged to take with you.
Here are some more details about the power bank ;-
- Portable Slim Power Bank with a 6000mAh Lithium Polymer battery as additional external battery for mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, cameras and other mobile devices.
- The Power Bank delivers fast charging speed via 2 Out ports at the same time. Tech Trend: Charge at 5V/ 3.0A via USB Type C Out port and 5V/2.4A via USB A Out port
- The VARTA battery charger fully charges your Apple iPhone 6S up to 2.5 times, performance may vary by device. Four integrated blue LED lights indicate the remaining capacity of the Power Pack.
- Optimal compatibility to charge two mobile devices simultaneously and more than once.
- Scope of delivery: 1x VARTA Power Bank 6000 with an high sophisticate aluminium housing + including a 50cm Micro USB charging cable
This is a fantastic product and no bigger than my smartphone. Easy to carry and east to charge ready for use. Worked well both with my laptop and my phone.
You can purchase a Power Bank from Amazon at a cost of £26.17
Does your Dad have a car or motorcycle?
Due to the Governments recent announcement ordering an inquiry into Hand Car Washes and the impact the chemicals use, has on the environment, companies are now producing products which will help you clean your vehicles with less effort, whilst at home.
One such product is Armor all Waterless Wash and Wax.
This is the perfect solution to save time and effort and ultimately gives drivers the freedom to enjoy doing the things they want to do rather than spending it in the driveway.
This easy to use spray formula provides a waterless way for consumers to quickly clean and shine their vehicle between washes and helps maintain that `just washed look`.
Further details are:-
- Quick 2-step solution – spray on, wipe off, done
- Gently lifts away dirt that can cause swirling and scratches
- Helps water beading on your paintwork
- Washes and waxes lightly to moderately soiled vehicles
- Perfect for quickly clearing water spots and bird lime before they set in
- Ideal for removing dust and fingerprints
- Contains natural carnauba wax which provides colour enhancement and helps protect against UV light
- No water, no hose, no bucket, no problem
My husband used on his motorcycle and the results were amazing. This is his petrol tank.
The finish was amazing and he said it took very little effort to get this result. He was extremely pleased and will be looking to buy some more in the future.
Armor All definitely gave an out of the showroom finish following its use.
You can purchase Armor All Waterless Wash and Wax for a retail price of £10 from Halfords
Maybe your Dad likes to chill at home?
As Dad’s get older they like their home comforts more. What could be nicer than sitting at home, with a nice cup of tea, completing a beautiful jigsaw.
Take to the Skies is a perfect gift for Father’s Day. Everyone loves planes especially youngsters, so this may take your Dad back to his childhood when he loved to plane spot. I know my Dad lies quite close to one of the largest airports in the UK and he loves to go there to check out what flights are coming in or leaving.
Showing all different ways to fly, planes, balloons, parachutes, this 1000 piece jigsaw by Ravensburger, would be a joy for any Dad to do. Would also make an ideal gift for a Granddad.
Whether your Dad loves the beautifully engineered planes of yesteryear, contemporary light aircraft, helicopters, gliders or microlights, the he is sure to find something here to interest him. If he loves building complex radio-controller models, would like to pilot a hot-air balloon, has considered hang gliding, paragliding or even sky diving, there is something in this puzzle for him.
Hampshire based artist David Pen found is a flight aficionado, and he has communicated his passion brilliantly in this wonderful scene!
High quality 1000 piece cardboard jigsaw puzzle. The finished puzzle measures 70 x 50cm when complete. Made from strong premium grade cardboard, with linen finish print to minimise glare on puzzle image.
This is a fantastic puzzle to make and I really enjoyed doing the same. Such a relaxing hobby to have. Give your Dad some chill time.
Take to the Skies is available from Amazon at a price of £12.99
Does your Dad still like a wet shave?
I know mine does. Gillette may have the ideal gift for your Dad for Father’s Day.
Exclusive to Boots, this chrome handled razor gives a superb shave ( as reported from my husband who gave me his review of this product.) He said it was amazing to use and worked well with the contours of his face.
This Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide will give you a smooth skin in a single stroke. It has breakthrough FlexiBall Technology which allows the razor to Pivot in multiple directions for maximum contact.
Features and Benefits
- Gillette’s thinnest, finest blades (first 4 razor blades) for less tug and pull (vs. Fusion)
- Precision Trimmer on the back for accurate edging
- Enhanced Lubastrip for a smooth glide
- Blade stabilizer helps maintain precise blade shape and
- Blade suspension system for an optimal comfort
- Snowplow comfort guard to help clear away excess shave prep
- Gillette’s best shave great even on sensitive skin
The razor retails for £12.00 at Boots
I wish all of your Dad’s a very Happy father’s Day and hope that my guide has helped a few of you.
(I was sent these products to review and all opinions are 100% my own)